Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fossicking Areas and Permits

Generally, a mining permit from Crown Minerals, Ministry of Economic Development is required for panning or gold mining. However, certain areas in the South Island have been designated as “gold fossicking” areas where you can engage in recreational gold mining without a permit. A list of these areas can be found at: http://www.crownminerals.govt.nz/cms/minerals/gold-fossicking

No comments:

Post a Comment